Tipperary ETB’s courses are delivered by suitably qualified staff who are recruited in line with Tipperary ETB’s HR protocols. Currently, Tipperary ETB is updating its staff recruitment policies and procedures that will be managed by our HR Department in line with nationally agreed policies and procedures.
Professional Development (PD)
Tipperary ETB takes a proactive approach in encouraging and facilitating further education and training (FET) staff to participate in professional development activities in order to update skills, strengthen competencies and to enable collaboration with professional colleagues.
Some of the professional development opportunities include PD delivered by the Further Education Support Service (FESS) and the ETB’s Development and Support Unit, access for staff to e-college courses, along with other developmental opportunities encouraged via membership of National Associations, Fora, working and technical groups. Click on the link to access Tipperary ETB’s Professional Development Policies for Academic and Administrative Staffs.
The following QA/assessment PD events are some examples of developmental opportunities that are co-ordinated by the Development and Support Unit/QA office for assessment staff:
- Assessment training for new assessors for QQI certification
- Internal verification training
- External authentication and results approval process training and preparation
- Results approval panel member training
- Annual QA feedback and information sessions
- Standards and marking PD sessions
- Introduction to developing learners’ academic writing skills
- PD on academic integrity and artifical intelligence
- Training for writers and evalutors of assessment instruments
- QA clinics