Tipperary ETB’s (TETB) courses are delivered by suitably qualified staff who are recruited in line with TETB’s HR protocols. Currently, TETB is updating its staff recruitment policies and procedures that will be managed by our HR Department in line with nationally agreed policies and procedures.
Professional Development (PD)
TETB takes a proactive approach in encouraging and facilitating FET staff to participate in professional development activities in order to update skills, strengthen competencies and to enable collaboration with professional colleagues.
Some of the professional development opportunities include PD delivered by the Further Education Support Service (FESS) and the TETB QA Office, access for staff to e-college courses, along with other developmental opportunities encouraged via membership of National Associations, Fora, working and technical groups. Click on the link to access TETB’s Professional Development Policies for Academic and Administrative Staffs.
Since the establishment of the QA Office in March 2016, TETB has invested time in the professional development of assessors and programme co-ordinators, including 2nd provider staff. The following QA/assessment PD events are some examples of developmental opportunties that are co-ordinated by the QA office:
- Assessment for QQI certification for new TETB assessors
- Internal verification training
- External authentication and results approval process training preparation
- Results approval panel member training
- QA feedback and information sessions
- Standards and marking PD sessions
- Introduction to developing learners’ academic writing skills
- Training for writers and evalutors of assessment instruments