External Authentication is a key element of the QQI Assessment Process. At the end of Tipperary ETB’s (TETB’s) local assessment process, an External Authenticator (EA) will be assigned by TETB to visit the FET Centre to moderate learner portfolios of evidence. The role of the EA is to provide independant and authoritative confirmation of fair and consistent assessment of learners in line with national standards. The EA produces a written report which provides feedback to FET centres and Tipperary ETB (TETB) on the effectiveness of the application of the assessment process and related procedures. The EA isll also recommend grades for approval by the results approval panel.
The information provided in the EA report is fundamental to TETB’s results approval panel and further assists TETB in the identification of further development needs of FET centres.
QA Procedures and Documentation for FET
QA Procedures and Documentation for Further Education
- IV and EA Sampling Strategy for FE – March 2019
- Checklist for Preparation for EA and RAP – updated Aug 2019
- EA Contract and Guidelines – Aug 2019
- List of External Authenticators
- Payment Procedure FE External Authenticators
- EA Payment Forms
QA Procedures and Documentation for Training
- Checklist for Preparation for Certification Process – updated Aug 2019
- EA Contract and Guidelines (Training Services) – updated Oct 2019