Learners can expect that assessment is planned in advance of teaching and assessment activities on programmes of education and training. Teachers, tutors and trainers will devise and present an Assessment Plan to learners which will include the assessment techniques used, the weighting of each assessment and any assessment deadlines.
Learners will be presented with an Assessment Brief which will communicate the instructions, requirements and/or expectations of non-examination assessment tasks. For further education programmes, assessment briefs are locally devised whereas assessment briefs for training programmes are centrally devised and maintained.
QA Procedures and Documentation for FET
QA Procedures and Documentation for FE
- Assessment Brief Template – updated: Aug 2020
- Exam Cover Sheet Template – NEW: Aug 2019
- Marking Scheme Template – NEW: Aug 2019
- QQI Exemption Claim Form – NEW: Oct 2019
- Assessor Documentation Pack– updated: March 2020 (a list of the QA documents that assessors will need)