Tipperary ETB’s (TETB) courses are delivered by suitably qualified staff who are recruited in line with TETB’s HR protocols. Currently, TETB is updating its staff recruitment policies and procedures that will be managed by our HR Department in line with nationally agreed policies and procedures.
Continuous Professional Development
TETB takes a proactive approach in encouraging and facilitating teaching staff to participate in professional development activities to update skills, strengthen competencies and collaborate with professional colleagues.
Some of the professional development opportunities include CPD delivered by the Further Education Support Service (FESS), access for staff to e-college courses, along with other developmental opportunities encouraged via membership of National Associations and technical groups. Click here for further information on TETB’s CPD Professional Development Policy and Procedure.
Since the establishment of the QA Office in March 2016, TETB has invested significant time in the professional development of assessment staff in TETB FET centres, including 2nd provider staff. The following CPD assessment-focused events are some examples of CPD events that are co-ordinated by the QA office:
- Assessment for QQI Certification CPD for new TETB assessors
- Internal Verification training
- External Authentication and Results Approval Process Preparation
- Results Approval Panel Member training
- Feedback and Information sessions following certification
- In-centre training/development sessions
- General QA and information sessions for community training, super contractors and evening training tutors
- Introduction to Developing Learners Academic Writing skills CPD
- CPD session on marking
- Training for Writers and Evalutors of assessment instruments