Tipperary ETB’s (TETB) FET Centres must provide appropriate, relevant and accurate information to learners. Local FET centre information includes the following:
- Entry requirements
- Learner responsibilities regarding assessment
- Assessment methods, stages and appropriate sequencing
- Repeat assessment criteria and learner appeals mechanisms
- Guidelines regarding assessment modifications and accommodations, where appropriate, to facilitate specific learner needs
- Grievance procedure
- Code of conduct / practice
- Data Protection and associated policies
The development of a Learner Induction pack was identified by the 2018 Quality Improvement Plan as a useful starting point in the standardisation of some of the documentation that learners should receive. The latter end of 2018 saw the establishment of a specific QA Task Group who focused on progressing the development of a Learner Handbook which will contain all key information that learners require during their programme. This work is expected to continue into late 2019.
Whilst this handbook is under development, learners, staff and other stakeholders will need to revert to their local FET centres for any information.